CV – Short
Dr. Mashhad Al-Allaf
- Doctorate of Philosophy (Ph.D.), 1995, USA. PhD. in Philosophy: Modern Philosophy, Science and Metaphysics
- Master of Arts (M.A.), 1985, Iraq. MA in Philosophy: Concentration on Philosophy of Science
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), 1981, Iraq. BA in Philosophy (Hons).
|Dr. Mashhad has taught a wide range of interdisciplinary courses on Philosophy, Religion, Islamic Studies, Ethical Theories, Biomedical Ethics, and Critical Thinking in different universities in the USA, and other places. He is interested in providing a multicultural academic approach to teaching and research.|
|Dr. Mashhad is interested in human knowledge and learning activities. His interest in multidisciplinary fields has been reflected in his publications; some of his books and articles reflecting a wide variety of topics covering: Western and Islamic Philosophy, 20th century Analytic Philosophy, Islamic Studies, Islamic Sciences, and Ethics.
His current research interests are:
· Islamic Theory of Science – Wissenschaftslehre
· Divine Logic
· Islamic & Arabic contribution to Science & Technology: Chemistry and Mechanics.
· Romantic and Spiritual Love in Islam
- M. Al-Allaf, Operationalism: Einstein and Bridgman on Philosophy of Science, Dar Nineveh, Damascus, Syria, 2014. (In Arabic Language)
- M. Al-Allaf, Locke’s Philosophy of Science and Metaphysics, the Problem of Cohesion. Edwin Mellen Press, USA, 2007.
- M. Al-Allaf, Philosophy of Islamic Civilization, Al-Ghazali’s Perspective, Dar Al-Kotob Al-Ilmiyah, Beirut, Lebanon, April 2013. (In Arabic Language)
- M. Al-Allaf, The Essential Ideas of Muslim Philosophers, the Edwin Mellen Press, USA, 2006.
- Al-Allaf (trans.): The Beginning of Guidance by Al-Ghazali, translation with English and Arabic text. Second Edition revised, Whitethread publication, UK, 2010.
- M. Al-Allaf, Islamic Theology, chapter in a book: The Bloomsbury Companion to Islamic Studies, edited by Dr. Clinton Bennett, Bloomsbury, 2013, Pp. 119-134.
This is a comprehensive one-volume reference resource to Islamic Studies and key research fields within it, written by an international team of leading scholars.
- M. Al-Allaf, Cloning: an Islamic Perspective, Published as chapter 10 in: Islam and Bioethics, Ankara, 2011, pp. 115-129.
Selected Journal Articles:
You can read some of the following papers on: https://muslimphilosophy.academia.edu/MashhadAlAllaf
- M. Al-Allaf, Unique Quantification: Beyond Russell and Kripke, Islamic Philosophy of Naming, The Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences Review (HSSR), Volume 06, Number 01, 2016, pp. 67-86.
- M. Al-Allaf, The Technique of Soul Removal, Plastic Surgery: Islamic Perspectives, Medicine and Law Journal, Volume 35, 2016, pp. 131-150.
- M. Al-Allaf, Jabir on Inductive Reasoning and Metaphysic: A Chemist’s Perspective on Philosophy of Science and the Eternity of the World, The Journal of Islamic Philosophy, USA, Vol. 10, 2016, pp. 3-18.
- M. Al-Allaf, The Logic of Uniqueness – Five Underlying Principles in Ibn Taymiyya’s Critique of Aristotelian Logic, International Journal of Arts and Sciences, Volume 07, Number 04, 2014. pp. 499-508.
- M. Al-Allaf, Modern Technology, Preventive Ethics and the Human Condition, International Journal of Arts and Sciences, vol.4, no.13, 2011, pp. 161-168.
- M. Al-Allaf, “Qur’anic Statements and Protocol Sentences of Science: Are “Protocol Sentences” of science and “Core Statements” of religion two mutually inconsistent foundations of the same worldview?,” Transcendent Philosophy, An International Journal for Comparative Philosophy and Mysticism, UK, Volume 10, December 2009. pp. 53-70.
- M. Al-Allaf, Islamic Interculturalism, in Multicultural Society: Difference or Diversity? R. Fisichella (Ed), San Giovanni in Laterano, Citta Del Vaticano, Italy: Pontificia Universita Lateranense, Nuntium 38-39 (2009-3), pp. 63-69.
“Interculturalismo islamico”, “La società multiculturale: differenze o diversità?” Lateran University Press, Città del Vaticano, Italy, Nuntium 38-39 (2009-3), pp. 63- 69.
- M. Al-Allaf, Al-Ghazali on Logical Necessity, Causality, and Miracles. The Journal of Islamic Philosophy, USA, Vol. 2. Issue 1, 2006. pp. 37-52.
- M. Al-Allaf, Globalization, Multiculturalism, and Maqasid Theory, Presented at the Conference on Globalization, Salamanca, Spain, December 2002 and published in their Journal on Society, Globalization and Rhetoric 2003, pp. 5-16.
- M. Al-Allaf, The Logic of Science and the Metaphysical Presuppositions, Dirasāt Arabiyya, Lebanon, 1989, pp. 3-33.